In a discussion with other fellow members and professors of National Council of Education, Bengal- Dr. Triguna Sen raised an issue about the Council’s activity in his chamber at the “Aurobindo Bhawan”. He put forth the suggestion of setting up a model school on the remaining two bighas of land that lay vacant in the possession of the National Council. Thus the journey started.
Keeping pace with the ardent desire of Dr. Triguna Sen, a sub-committee was formed to design the course curriculum and syllabus structure of the school. In February 1957, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, President of the council approved the establishment of the school on the basis of the recommendations of the sub-committee.